This blog contains some of my reflections on language and translation.
I also write another blog about travel, mainly in Asia (where I lived for three years 2008-2011), the SW Indian Ocean, Reunion Island, and diving.
- In April 2012 I was interviewed by the Endless Possibilities Talks (EPT) team – you can watch ‘Adventures on a Faraway Island‘ here.
- In July 2012 I was interviewed by Megan Onions of Speech Marks Translation as part of her 1 Linguist, 3 Questions series.
- In March 2013 I was interviewed by Lloyd Bingham as part of his Translator Diaries series.
- In April 2013 this blog and my travel blog were the object of an article in Reunion Multimedia magazine.
- In May 2013 I inaugurated Natali Lekka‘s series of articles about ‘travelling translators': see here.
- In June 2013 my twitter account @Smart_Translate was voted 12th in the Blabla 2013 Top Twitterers Language Lovers competition (and 17th in the Top 100 Language Lovers 2013); see here for more details.
- in July 2013 I was the subject of a full-page interview in Reunion Multimedia magazine.
- In September 2013 I was one of ten translators interviewed by Emeline Jamoul for her International Translation Day 2013 series; you can read the interview here.
- In October 2013 I was featured in Christine Christaki’s “20 or so questions on how XXXXXX works” series; see it on the Lingua Greca blog here.
In the course of the past year I’ve also made a professional presentation to BTS students at Lycée Amiral Bouvet high school, been interviewed by students from Lycée St Charles, and given six presentations at the Collège Hippolyte Foucque Career Morning.