Every year since 2009 Blabla language portal has held its Top 100 Language Lovers competition. There are five categories:
- Language Learning Blogs – blogs about the language learning process.
- Language Professionals Blogs – blogs by people using languages in their profession, such as translators or interpreters.
- Language Facebook Pages - Facebook Pages related to language topics.
- Language Twitter Accounts – Twitterers who share content about languages.
- YouTube channels (new category this year) – Youtube users who vlog about languages.
The nominations received have been narrowed down to 100 for each of the five categories. I’ve once again had the pleasure of being nominated in the Language Twitter Account category for my Twitter account @Smart_Translate. Last year, the first year I’d been nominated, I was delighted to arrive 12th in the Twitter category, and 17th overall.
50% of the final score will be based on user votes. You can participate in voting here, or by clicking on the button to the right, until June 9th. Note that twitterers are listed alphabetically by name (e.g. Cath Cellier-Smart), not by Twitter handle. There’s no need to be on Twitter yourself to vote, as the link takes you to a web page where you just click on a link. You can also vote in the other categories by clicking on the links above.
Ranking and results will take place June 10th-12th, and results will be published on June 12th.
P.S. You can follow and/or tweet about the competition (all categories) on Twitter using the hashtag #tll14.
If you’d like to find about more about the competition see this article.